If a person takes an hour to complete a task, how long would it take for two? The mathematical answer would be “30 minutes”. But when working as a team, the efforts of the members are enhanced, reducing the time of action and increasing the effectiveness of the results.
This way of working, in which all participants are responsible for the goals, is the most assertive for any type of organization. This not only because it is easier to meet the objectives; But also Making because it is the best way to retain talent and foster an enviable work environment. For example, Richard Branson, creator of the Virgin Empire, always speaks of “us” in his posts and communications; As a great leader he knows that two heads think better than one
No matter the spin or size of your company, you can successfully implement this strategy. Here are some tips to stop operating in groups or individuals and start creating teams that work as an orchestra:
1. Build trust. Trust is the main element of teamwork. It encourages an environment where all the participants know the skills of others, understand their roles and know how to help each other
2. Establish common goals. For your employees to work as a team they must pursue the same goals. Therefore, it is important that you communicate the mission of the company in a uniform way and define how each member and department can contribute to fulfill it
3. Creates a sense of belonging. Humans need to feel part of something; Therefore, the most powerful factor in the creation of teams is the development of a common identity. Define what identifies your teams, sets values and make each member aware of their impact on the team
4. Involve your people in decisions. Nothing affects a teamwork more than the fact that the decisions are made by an autocrat leader. To avoid this, it encourages the generation of ideas, opens your mind and motivates each employee to share their opinion. If you have this feedback, it will be easier to implement any change or strategy.
5. Make an understanding between the parties. It is very easy to criticize or underestimate the work of others when you do not know it or have not executed it. To create empathy among your workers, perform rotation exercises between areas. So each member will know what the other’s work consists of and how it can contribute to doing it better.
6. Motivates responsibility and mutual commitment. When a person is part of a team, he knows that the achievements or failures are the responsibility of each and every one of the members. Do not foster the “this is not my problem” mentality; Make problems and successes shared
7. Encourages communication. The only way for all members to work as an orchestra is to have the right channels of communication. Real teams listen and feed. They are willing to change their minds and create strategies together.
8. Take advantage of diversity. A homogeneous work team can operate efficiently but without much innovation. At the time of creating your teams, you want to have different personalities and interests, but share values and a commitment to the company
9. Celebrate group successes. Although it is also important to recognize the individual work, it is key that the rewards are given by team results. When something goes well, Nice2work it brings together all those involved and thank them for their work. It tries to emphasize the role of each one, but to celebrate the group result
10. Be a leader. Every team needs a leader who guides and gathers individual efforts. Do not “wash your hands” and be part of the team. cheap NBA jerseys As a leader you will have to reach consensus and make decisions, based on the ideas and opinions of your team.
They work as a team if …
– They make group decisions. Although not everyone agrees at first, they have the ability to reach consensus and devise ways to get on board.
– They have productive meetings. After each meeting, attendees are well aware of what steps to take and feel their presence was essential. During the meetings new ideas and strategies are generated to grow the company.
– It encourages creativity and innovation. cheap nfl jerseys When all members know what to do and know their impact on the company, new ideas and innovations that allow growth are produced.
– They are heard. All are on the same page and when a problem arises they are willing to support. In addition, they actively listen to each other’s opinions and help provide solutions.